Summer break! I hope all of you out there are enjoying some well-deserved time off/down time. Here at OPSRC, we know how hard you work for your students. We know about the tireless efforts you put forth to ensure that all your students gets the quality education that they deserve, and we hope that in your downtime you’re getting some much-deserved rest.
I wanted to share some things with you so that you can spend time learning and growing at any time, wherever you’re at. For as much as you’ll spend the summer resting, I also know you’re going to doctor appointments, running errands and all the other things that aren't very convenient during the school year. The other thing I know about teachers is that this is when they spend time trying to better themselves professionally, so I wanted to provide you a few resources to help you do that.
First, the membership section of our site has opened up. There are some great things in the site, and we’ll be adding to it all summer. So make sure and go register; it’s free if you’re at a member school! You can see the directions below:
- Click on the Login link located on the top menu bar of our website. This will take you to the Members-only log in page.
- You will need to create an account, so click the Register by Clicking Here link on the page.
- Simply fill out your information. NOTE: Because we will need to verify that you are employed with a member school district, it is essential you register with your school email address, not a personal one.
- Click Create Account at the bottom of the page.
- As soon as your account has been verified, it will be activated, and you will have access to all available content.
Second, I wanted to tell you about some great resources from Google! They have created a learning website to teach you how to use all available Google apps. There are a number of great resources, and they teach you a lot of the basics as well as some great tips you may not have heard before. It’s definitely worth your time!
Secondly, they have a site dedicated to educators using Google apps with insights and tips on how to integrate the apps into your classroom. It’s Google training paths just for educators!
I hope these online resources will provide you with ways to grow this summer. And since they’re online, you can work when and how you want! If you have any questions, as always, feel free to contact me.