Take a moment and consider: when was the last time you reviewed the effectiveness of the communication outlets you use to relay information to your parents and greater community? If it has been a while or you've never actually considered whether or not they are working as well as you need, now is that time. And even better? OPSRC can help you!
When thinking about your overall communication strategy, below are some things to consider:
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, SnapChat, etc.): Are you using the best ones for your needs? Are you consistent in your messaging, including how often you post? Do you incorporate videos and images, which, statistics show, have greater impact?
- Newsletters: Are you using a digital version, or are you still printing out your newsletters and sending them home with students? Do you have a way to track who reads them and on which links they are clicking? Does it look good on mobile devices?
- Is your brand consistent across all outlets? Does the logo on your letterhead match the logo on your website?
- How often are you updating your website? Is it difficult to navigate? Is it easy to find your contact information (phone numbers, email addresses, physical school address)?
- Do you know how your parents/community prefer to receive district information?
If you don't know the answer to these or you've not even considered them, let us know! We can schedule time to perform a thorough audit of content on your social media accounts, your website, newsletters and any other communication outlet you use. OPSRC offers this service FREE to all members, so if you feel you are not reaching or connecting well with your community, let us know. Once we review your content, we can provide recommendations to get you back on track and will even provide training based on the findings. Email Sarah Julian to schedule some time to discuss your needs.