I’m Jamila MacArthur, and I’m excited to join the amazing Teaching & Learning team as the director. I’ve worked in traditional and public charter schools for the last 13 years as a teacher, assistant principal, principal and chief academic officer. I’m looking forward to meeting each of our member schools and learning more about how the Teaching & Learning team can support you! If you are a school principal, professional development coordinator or district superintendent, please complete our Professional Development Needs Survey; your responses will guide our work and are very important to us!
The team has been working hard to prepare for our “Days of Professional Learning” that offer multiple breakout sessions each day. Each of the August and September workshops will include:
- Interactive Notebooks for Elementary Students
- Interactive Notebooks for Secondary Students
- Workstations: Session 1: How to Set Up and Session 2: Make and Take
- Writing in Every Classroom for Elementary Students
- Writing in Every Classroom for Secondary Students
Dates for Trainings:
- NE Oklahoma (OSU Tulsa): August 2nd
- Panhandle (OPSU): August 7th
- NW Oklahoma (Chisholm Trail Tech Center): August 9th
- SE Oklahoma (Southern Oklahoma Tech Center): August 14th
- SW Oklahoma (Caddo Kiowa Tech Center): September 26th
Register for the workshop of your choice HERE!
We know you are busy planning your professional development for teachers when they return in August. Please contact us soon to schedule PD in your district if you haven’t already; our PD Catalog is online as well as our PD Request Form. Completing this form will get your school on our calendar that is filling up quickly, so don’t delay!
Never hesitate to contact any member of our team. We can serve as resources to connect you with other schools in the state to learn more about a specific initiative, talk through your professional development calendar while offering feedback and guidance, research resources to support a certain proposal or strategy you would like to adopt or schedule professional development sessions for you and your staff. You can reach us at 405.428.4814 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (NWEA), email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.