Teach Like a Champion Teaching Strategies
Collegiate Hall and OPSRC are proud to present a series of workshops addressing critical classroom management skills based on the teachings of Doug Lemov in Teach Like a Champion. The trainers have all attended Doug Lemov's Teach Like a Champion "Train the Trainer" modules and are skilled at presenting the skills you need to enhance your teaching practice! Register by Friday, July 21st to secure your spot! Space is limited!
Topics include Strong Voice, What to Do Directions, Radar and Circulation, Whole Group Attention, Wait Time and Cold Call, No Opt Out/ Right is Right, Least Invasive/ Warm Demander, Art of the Consequence, Positive Framing, Checks for Understanding, Call and Response, Turn and Talks, Scrimmage, Answering in Complete Sentences, and Scrimmage. The sessions have built-in practice and discussion time to address where the skills you will learn fit into your practice as a teacher, coach, or administrator.
Sessions will take place on the following days and times:
- Tuesday, July 25th: 11:30-4:00pm
- Wednesday, July 26th: 1-4:00pm
- Monday, July 31st: 1-4:00pm
- Tuesday, August 1st: 1-3:00pm
- Wednesday, August 2nd: 1-3:00pm
Who should attend:
- Teachers who want to enhance their classroom management practice
- Teacher Leaders who train or mentor new teachers in classroom management practice
- Administrators, Coaches, or School Leaders who want to add additional tools to their "coaching toolbelt" to develop teachers