NWEA Regional Informing Instruction Workshop
Attend this FREE full day workshop to dive deeper into classroom applications of MAP reports and the Learning Continuum. Support differentiated instruction and meet the needs of every student through flexible groupings and instructional ladders based on your MAP results.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? This content is intended for staff members who will be applying MAP data from teacher reports or supporting other staff members in this work. For the greatest impact, we recommend that participants include teachers and instructional coaches. Attendance by school and district level administrators who are responsible for curriculum and instruction would bring value to both the learning and to the extension and application of the workshop content.
WHAT WILL PARTICIPANTS LEARN?
Morning: Differentiating Instruction
- Build a shared understanding of differentiated instruction with an emphasis on readiness to learn
- Gauge student readiness using MAP reports
- Identify specific instructional resources you can use to target diverse learning needs
Afternoon: Instructional Ladders
- Design tiered, responsive instructional plans (instructional ladders) by integrating standards, MAP student readiness data, and local curriculum
- Engage with topics of interest, such as formative assessment or flexible grouping, to deepen understanding of instructional planning
8:30 AM - 9:00 AM Welcome - Breakfast, Coffee and Check in
9:00AM - 12:00 PM Morning Session - Essential Reports for Teachers
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Lunch - Provided On-Site
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Afternoon Session - Student Goal Setting and Growth