Le Monde International School, Public Charter of Norman, Oklahoma (LeMIS) is seeking a native or near native speaker as candidate(s) who are fluent in French and Spanish to serve as Pre K-middle school teachers. Le Monde International School is a full language Immersion Elementary School that will open in fall of 2018. Le Monde International School is a rigorous academic program in which a second language is used as the vehicle of instruction. The goal is to develop fluency in communication and literacy in the target language, in the process of teaching core skills and objectives to mastery and prescribed by national standards. Additionally, students cultivate understanding and appreciation of other cultures, inspiring self-esteem, and strengthening attitudes among students and their community.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Fluent in Spanish or French
- Oklahoma Teacher Certification
- Hold or be eligible for Elementary Education (1-6) Certification and/or Early Childhood (PK-3) Certification
- Taught in International Baccalaureate Primary Year Program
- International teaching/education/travel experience competent in cultural diversity
Required Skills and Abilities
- Native or near native fluency in the language to be taught
- Familiar with second language acquisition pedagogy
- High degree of cultural competency
- Possess good skills in speaking and writing English
- Instruct core academic subjects, including language arts, social studies, math and science, PE, art, music, drama, and technology, as appropriate, for second language acquisition and primary language development
- Meet relevant standards in all core subject are as in preparation for standardized evaluations
- Work in collaborative teams to ensure every student is progressing annually according to students' readiness levels, and to meet the applicable standards
- Prepare lesson plans which define goals, objectives, materials needed, presentations by the teacher, student activities, evaluation procedures and extensions for differentiated instruction and student practice
- Prepares course objectives and outline for course of study following curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school
- Prepares, administers, and corrects tests; records results
- Willingness to prepare a variety of assessment procedures, including rubrics, anecdotal records, check-lists, benchmarks, continuums, portfolios and knowledge/data/skills assessments based on teacher-made tests. Assessments are integral to lesson planning, and guide one in determining what needs to be prepared and presented in lesson plans
- Assigns lessons, corrects papers, and hears oral presentation
- Maintains order in the classroom
- Keeps attendance and grade records as required by the school
- Counsels pupils when adjustment and academic problems arise
- Discusses pupils’ academic and behavioral attitudes and achievements with parents
- Assists with the development and implementation of 2nd language teaching curriculum
- Attends on-going training and professional development to maintain success of program
- Learns current teaching strategies and procedures to assure success of the foreign language program
- Adheres to all policies and procedures that pertain to LeMIS teacher employees
- Use technology and innovation
- Speaks English fluently
- Other duties as assigned
Prospective teachers will undergo a rigorous selection process, which may include, but is not limited to, the following steps:
- Candidates submit their application, resume, and sample lesson plans to the Principal.
- Resume screening will be conducted by the Principal.
- An initial phone interview will be conducted with selected candidates.
- In-person interviews will be conducted with the Principal.
- Thorough reference checks will be executed.
- The Board will discuss with the Executive Director and Principal and offer the desired candidate's employment which will be finalized pending fingerprinting and background checks.
- Commensurate with experience
Advertised Physical Requirements
- Ability to climb, crouch, pull, push, reach, stand, ability to engage in repetitive motions; grasp objects with fingers or hands; speak, including expressing oneself or exchanging information with others; ability to hear including receiving detailed information orally; ability to see, including color, depth perception and clarity.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and copy of certification(s) to email@example.com.