Pre-K/Kindergarten Teacher (1 position) & 1st through 3rd Grade Teacher (1 position)
Carlton Landing Academy
Carlton Landing, OK
Apply Now See More Job Postings
The Teachers are responsible for most direct instruction and direct contact with the students with a job description more specifically defined below:
- Maintain and enrich their expertise in the subject area they will teach.
- Develop lesson plans that ensure the attainment of state learning standards and the additional specific grade-by-grade learning standards set forth in the charter.
- Coordinate lesson plans with other teachers to maximize possibilities for teaching similar topics in the same general time frame, thus reinforcing student knowledge on an interdisciplinary basis.
- Provide direct and indirect instruction.
- Long and short-term planning addressing individual needs of students.
- Prepare students adequately for all required assessments.
- Evaluate students’ progress.
- Prepare at least quarterly individual student achievement reports for parents.
- Provide an inviting, exciting, innovative, learning environment.
- Engage in effective and appropriate classroom management.
- Accept and incorporate feedback and coaching from administrative staff.
- Serve as an advisor to a students, including organizing advisory groups, overseeing the academic and behavioral progress.
- Perform other duties, as deemed appropriate, by their Master Teacher.