Pre-K/Kindergarten Teacher (1 position) & 1st through 3rd Grade Teacher (1 position)
Carlton Landing Academy
Carlton Landing, OK
The Teachers are responsible for most direct instruction and direct contact with the students with a job description more specifically defined below:
- Maintain and enrich their expertise in the subject area they will teach.
- Develop lesson plans that ensure the attainment of state learning standards and the additional specific grade-by-grade learning standards set forth in the charter.
- Coordinate lesson plans with other teachers to maximize possibilities for teaching similar topics in the same general time frame, thus reinforcing student knowledge on an interdisciplinary basis.
- Provide direct and indirect instruction.
- Long and short-term planning addressing individual needs of students.
- Prepare students adequately for all required assessments.
- Evaluate students’ progress.
- Prepare at least quarterly individual student achievement reports for parents.
- Provide an inviting, exciting, innovative, learning environment.
- Engage in effective and appropriate classroom management.
- Accept and incorporate feedback and coaching from administrative staff.
- Serve as an advisor to a students, including organizing advisory groups, overseeing the academic and behavioral progress.
- Perform other duties, as deemed appropriate, by their Master Teacher.