Head of School
Carlton Landing Academy
Carlton Landing, OK
Apply Now See More Job Postings
The Head of School, or designee(s), will supervise staff and teachers, as well as coordinate with parents and volunteers.
- Manage and be accountable for the public funds allotted to your school.
- Ensure the school is complying with specific requirements for: Teacher Licensure, Student admissions, Charter renewal, Background checks for all employees, Criminal History checks through the SBI for all personnel and board members responsible for fiscal management.
- Formally approve the hiring or dismissal of any teacher or staff member recommended by the lead administrator or hiring committee.
- Ensure the school is meeting the requirements of its Charter in terms of academic performance and the original charter.
- Ensure that students are learning and meeting academic performance criteria set by your charter, and the school is adhering to its State Board Approved Educational Plan.
- Financial Duties: Supervise the office staff in the preparation of preliminary and final budgets; monitor income, expenditures, collections, and cash flow; maintain appropriate financial records; oversee the employee benefit program.
- Admissions Duties: Supervise the admissions process to determine programs for the recruitment of students, including marketing and outreach, information dissemination, applicant testing and interviews and acceptance and decisions.
- Human Resource Duties: Handle all matters regarding employment, retention, and dismissal of personnel; salaries and contracts; job assignments and performance evaluation; and orientation and training. To prepare employee handbooks, and maintain appropriate personnel records.