Resumes will be accepted through May 23, 2017
Tulsa School of Arts and Sciences has full-time opening for an Executive Director in the 2016-2017 school year; experience in the classroom, school administration, and a Master's Degree are required.
TSAS is a public charter school that provides a liberal arts, college preparatory curriculum for high school students through innovative teaching methods that focus on developing the individual. The school has been recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School and is a leader in the Tulsa area in ACT averages and state rankings, even without selecting its students through any process other than a random lottery.
The Executive Director is responsible for all aspects of the school’s operations, as directed by the Board of Trustees and in collaboration with the Principals. They also participate with the Board in developing and implementing the long-term strategies needed to fulfill the school’s mission, ensure compliance with all aspects of the school’s charter and state accreditation, and promote the school to the broader Tulsa community to build awareness and support.
Full Job Description Available on request
- Solid academic credentials; advanced degree preferred.
- Broad experience in teaching and administration at the high school level preferred.
- A progressive educational philosophy focused on student outcomes.
- Exceptional communication and public relations skills.
- Demonstrated management success including the ability to build a cohesive team in a collaborative environment.
- Financial acumen and demonstrated ability to utilize resources effectively and efficiently.
- Ability and desire to take a leadership role in fund raising and marketing.
- The ability to hire well and delegate effectively.
- Strong commitment to the charter school concept.
Job Type: Full-time
- School Administration: 2 years