Early Childhood Teacher
Open 2/16/2018 until filled
The Teacher is responsible for most direct instruction and direct contact with the students with a job description more specifically defined below:
· Maintain and enrich their expertise in the subject area they will teach
· Develop lesson plans that ensure the attainment of state learning standards and the additional specific grade-by-grade learning standards set forth in character
· Coordinate lesson plans with other teachers to maximize possibilities for teaching similar topics in the same general time frame, thus reinforcing student knowledge on an interdisciplinary basis.
· Provide direct and indirect instruction
· Long and short-term planning addressing individual needs of students
· Prepare students adequately for all required assessments
· Evaluate students’ progress
· Prepare at least quarterly individual student achievement reports for parents.
· Provide an inviting, exciting, innovative, learning environment
· Engage in effective and appropriate classroom management
· Accept and incorporate feedback and coaching from administrative staff
· Serve as an advisor to students, including organizing advisory groups, overseeing the academic and behavioral progress
· Perform other duties as deemed appropriate by the principal