Le Monde International School, Public Charter of Norman, Oklahoma (LeMIS) is looking for a candidate who is willing to take on the challenge of opening a new French and Spanish full immersion elementary school. In the fall of 2018, the candidate would begin preparing all curriculum. The candidate will work closely with the principal putting together the curriculum and teaching philosophy. The candidate will provide professional support for the teachers and identify staff training and while providing curriculum support. The Curriculum Director will help train teachers and ensure that all components of the Oklahoma State Standards are in place so teachers can implement the curriculum effectively. The Curriculum Director will be fluent in either French or Spanish and have teaching experience in an immersion setting. Candidates must have a strong background in early childhood education, a passion for working with children, and strong leadership skills.
- Hold a Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Oklahoma Teacher Certification
- Hold or be eligible for Elementary Education (1-6) Certification and/or Early Childhood (PK-3) Certification
- Experience in curriculum Development or related field
- Experience in either regular and / or special classroom teaching
- Masters Degree
- Experience in an International Baccalaureate Primary Year Program
- International teaching/education/travel experience competent in cultural diversity
- Oversee and develop curriculum
- Collaboration with teaching staff in the development, writing and implementation of school curriculum
- Lead instructor trainings, check-ins and evaluations to ensure we’re effectively supporting staff.
- Teaching courses and leading workshops to model pedagogy for teachers and remain close to the work of engaging students.
- Evaluation, purchase and incorporation of texts, resources and technology into classroom instruction
- Working with staff to ensure all curriculum objectives are aligned with the school's core standards
- Organizing and conducting professional staff development
- Writing the curriculum components as required by the school
- Staff training on newly adopted programs / practices
- Lead and support teachers and staff with the Le Monde International school accreditation
- Use technology and innovation
- Other duties as assigned
- Commensurate with experience
Advertised Physical Requirements
- Ability to climb, crouch, pull, push, reach, and stand; ability to engage in repetitive motions; ability to grasp objects with fingers or hands; ability to speak, including expressing oneself or exchanging information with others; ability to hear, including receiving detailed information orally; ability to see, including color, depth perception and clarity.